This is Grace
What is Fringe?
50+ Fringe Festivals happen world-wide each year: 21 of those happen in Canada, and the Island Fringe Festival is one of them!
Fringe Festivals are dedicated to supporting independent performers and artists while creating opportunities for diverse communities to experience boundary-pushing theatre and live performance at affordable rates.
Fringe Festivals operate in accordance with the five criteria established by the Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals (CAFF):
The Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals was formed to protect these five guiding principles:
- Participants will be selected on a non-juried basis, through a first-come, first served process, a lottery, or other method approved by the Association.
- The audience must have the option to pay a ticket price, 100% of which goes directly to the artists.
- Fringe Festival producers have no control over the artistic content of each performance. The artistic freedom of the participants is unrestrained.
- Festivals must provide an easily accessible opportunity for all audiences and all artists to participate in Fringe Festivals.
- Festivals will promote and model inclusivity, diversity and multiculturalism, and will endeavor to incorporate them into all aspects of our organizations.